Riverbend United Church is accepting applications for a Youth Ministry Coordinator.
The Youth Ministry Coordinator will assist in the development and coordination of the Youth Ministry (ages Junior high school to high school) at Riverbend United Church. The staff of Riverbend United Church works within a cooperative team setting and it is understood that the candidate would be a full participant in this team model. All staff report to the Ministry & Personnel Committee.
Specifically, the Youth Ministry Coordinator works with the youth and young adults of Riverbend United Church and is expected to:
- Prepare and lead the weekly Sunday morning discussion group for youth and young adults during the regular worship service.
- Prepare for and coordinate monthly or bi-monthly events, working with youth leaders and volunteers.
- Plan and implement a leadership development model for youth and young adults.
- Facilitate leadership training and mentoring for young adults.
- Develop and provide leadership to ministry programming, specifically to the annual Cantata, the Weekend Youth Retreat, the Christmas Sleepover and Youth Christmas Eve Service, the Easter Vigil and Sunrise Worship Service.
- Attend weekly staff meetings as able and collaborate with other teams as necessary.
- Ensure that activities necessary for creating and sustaining the Youth Ministry are carried out, including the planning, communicating and coordinating events.
- Ensure the production, maintenance and execution of an annual calendar of events for youth (includes current bi-monthly schedule on Saturday nights).
- Develop and maintain effective processes and resources to enable efficient and frequent communication with both youth and parents.
- Periodically contribute written articles to publications including The Front Pew and to the Church website.
- Make use of the social media sites like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to share and communicate with the group.
- Must have the ability to listen and to communicate with all ages.
- Must have a knowledge of the United Church and the teachings of the Bible and be able to share that with the youth group.
- September 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019
- Average hours per week: 10 hours per week
- Wages: $20.00 / hour
- This is a part-time independent contractor position: there are no benefits, paid holidays or vacation entitlement. Source deductions will not be taken.
All applications must be received by June 30th. Only suitable candidates will be interviewed.
Please email your resume and cover letter highlighting how you meet all requirements to Heather Dettman at: firstname.lastname@example.org