Please join us for our Lenten prayer blanket and/or shawl project!
Teaching and group work sessions will be held on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, from 1:30-3:00 p.m. and Tuesday and Thursday evenings, from 7:00-8:30 p.m., in the chapel. All are welcome, to teach, learn, share, and work and meditate together.
- Squares can be knit or crocheted, and should be in worsted weight acrylic yarn for easy care.
- Use whatever size hook or needles you need to make them about 15 x 15 cm/6”x 6”, and 20 stitches wide.
- Basic knitting and crochet patterns are also available in the narthex, but you are welcome to work squares in any stitch or pattern you like, as long as they are the right gauge and dimensions.
- If you can provide us with yarn, there is a bin for donations of yarn in the narthex; or, help yourself if you need some.
- If you need crochet hooks or knitting needles, please ask Carolyn Miller, Joanne Little or Audrey Skinner, and we’ll find some for you. (Donations also welcome)
- Finished squares may be placed into the receptacle in the church narthex.
- If you are an experienced crocheter or knitter, and prefer to do a complete project (or more), you can make any type of prayer shawl, blanket, afghan, etc you wish, as your Lenten Intentional Practise.
- There are lovely patterns and great instructional videos available online. Check YouTube for tutorials, and Ravelry or Pinterest, among others, for ideas and patterns.