Saturday, March 11th
This is a combined fund-raiser and social event. The first part takes place at members’ homes; then we gather at the church to complete the evening with dessert, entertainment, and a silent auction. How does it work?
- Sign up to indicate your interest in participating. We’ll need your name, phone number, and preference for hosting or being a guest (or perhaps you’d be willing to do either, depending on our “matching” needs). Signing up will take place at a table in the narthex between services and after the 10:30 service. Then someone will call you toward the end of February to discuss the number of people in your group and any dietary or other concerns.
- Cost for guests: $40 each, payable prior to March 11 (dessert part only, $10). Guests will be given an address where they should arrive by 6:00 p.m.
- Cost for hosts: hosts will be told the number of guests to expect and will be advised of any dietary or other concerns. They will offer a 2-course meal, providing a first course and a main course. Wine will be provided to the host.
- Everyone should arrive at the church by 8:00 for dessert, entertainment, silent auction and our famous wine game. We’re looking for 3 or 4 dessert hosts, providing desserts for those who have had the first part of the meal at people’s homes, setting up tables and coffee, etc.
- Can you provide an item for our silent auction? Donations of items such as tickets, time at a condo, or a service of some kind would be particularly appreciated.
- Would you share a talent of some kind (sing, dance, or …?)
Watch for details at the table in the Narthex and on this webpage and plan to join in this event on Saturday, March 11th.
Get to know others in our congregation, and help raise some funds toward our mortgage!