Riverbend United Church presented its 3rd annual Loss & Healing Workshop on Saturday, October 21, 2017 entitled: Journeys from Grief & Loss to Hope & Healing.
This one-day workshop featured a keynote address – Healing from Loss: Picking up Hope along the Way – from Wendy Edey from Hope Studies Central. Breakout sessions included:
- Adolescent Mental Health: Laurie O’Shaughnessy, Child and Adolescent Services, (CASA)
- Building Resilience at All Stages of Life: Dr. Stephen Murgatroyd, Ph.D.
- Suicide – Grief & Guilt: Canadian Mental Health Association
- Getting Older & Losing It – Now What? Colleen Derksen, Seniors Association of Greater Edmonton (SAGE)
- Finding Help – Assistance & Resources for Dealing with Loss and Grief: Jennifer Sommerfeldt, The Edmonton Healing Centre for Loss & Grief
Keep checking our website for additional information about our next workshop or call Jacqueline at Riverbend United Church at 780.430.7275.